Aside from technology, my favorite part of teaching is Writer’s Workshop! First of all, writing is one of my favorite pass times. But watching my students grow as writers in both content and confidence, is by far one of the most rewarding experiences as a teacher. Not only does the ability to write support a child’s speaking skills, but it supports their reading comprehension as well. Writing is one of those vital life long skills every person should have and it should be supported in a nurturing and inspiring environment.
I teach writing in a writer’s workshop style and I use the 6 +1 Traits of Writing to support my lessons. Since integrating iPod technology into my classroom, I began experimenting with how to effectively utilize iPods in the classroom during my Writer’s Workshop. Now my students not only have literature, paper, pencils, and crayons to inspire their writing, they now have their iPods on their desk, as well.
In the following posts, I will share with you at least 6 (+ 1) reasons why you should have your iPods out during your writing block!
Future Blog Titles:
- iPods During Writing? Support the Idea Trait
- iPods During Writing? Support the Organization Trait
- iPods During Writing? Support the Voice Trait
- iPods During Writing? Support the Sentence Fluency Trait
- iPods During Writing? Support the Word Choice Trait
- iPods During Writing? Support the Conventions Trait
- iPods During Writing? Support the Presentation Trait (+1)
In the meantime, follow this link to learn more about the 6 +1 Traits of writing. Education Northwest